Monday, July 12, 2010

My NI Week 2010 Plans

Once again, Christina beat me to the punch and already posted her NI Week 2010 plans. So after each morning's keynote, here's where you might expect me to be. The ones with "***" are the ones I will definitely be attending. All the rest I'm planning to see, but standard NI Week allowable distractions may apply:

Tuesday
  • State Machine vs. State Machine: 10:30, Room 12B.
  • ***LabVIEW Add-on Developer Lunch: 12:00, Ballroom C.
  • What's New in LabVIEW 2010: 1:00, Room 12B.
  • LabVIEW 2010 Idea Exchange Features: 2:15, Room 11A.
  • ***Tips and Tricks to Speed LabVIEW Development: 3:30, Room 12B. I am delivering this presentation.
  • Team-based LV SCC Development: 4:45, Room 12A.
  • Challenge the Champions: 6:00, Technology Theater.
  • ***LAVA BBQ: 7:00, Scholz Garden. Aww yeah!
Wednesday
  • ***Blogosphere's Best: 10:30, Room 11A. I was asked to show up to this, but I don't know what exactly I'll be doing, if anything.
  • Powering a Smarter Planet: 1:00, Room 16B. If I weren't a LabVIEW programmer, I'd probably be a solar power researcher. So renewable energy presentations are always very interesting to me.
  • Deployment of Large LabVIEW Apps: 2:15, Room 12A.
  • LabVIEW Web UI Builder: 3:30, Room 12B.
  • LabVIEW GUI Design: 4:45, Room 12B.
  • ***NI Week Conference Party: 7:00, somewhere cool.

Thursday
  • LabVIEW Classes - The State of the Art: 10:30, Room 12A.
  • ***LabVIEW Coding Challenge: 12:00, Technology Theater. I've won two years in a row. This will be the third.
  • LabVIEW Class Design Patterns: 1:00, Room 12A.
  • LabVIEW WSN Under the Hood: 2:15, Room 15. I studied wireless sensor networks a fair bit in grad school...I'm curious to learn about the LabVIEW WSN module.
And a few miscellaneous notes to round this out:
  • I will be tweeting out the wazoo about all the cool stuff I see at NI Week 2010. Make sure to follow me (@dnatt) if you don't already.
  • As is traditionally the case, things aren't quite right with my presentation in the NI Week 2010 schedule. The title of my presentation (Tips and Tricks to Speed LabVIEW Development) is correct, but the abstract incorrectly talks about speeding up VI performance. For those keeping track, my NI Week presentations the past few years have been:
    • 2007 - Tips and Tricks to Speed LabVIEW Development
    • 2008 - Tips and Tricks to Speed LabVIEW Performance
    • 2009 - Tips and Tricks to Speed LabVIEW Performance (with all new tips!)
    • 2010 - Tips and Tricks to Speed LabVIEW Development (with all new tips!)
    So this year we're back to development tips and tricks. Be warned: Quick Drop just *might* make an appearance... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment